Join us for Wray Crescent Festival July 29
We are thrilled to announce the very first Love Parks Summer Festival in Wray Crescent Park is scheduled to take place on July 29. The fun starts at noon and ends at 5pm – until then please join our free/donation yoga and tai-chi sessions in the park.
We’ve been working with Islington’s parks department to produce this lovely, free event with plenty for the kids but something for everyone.
So, what’s happening?
Our small festival is completely free (though we are requesting donations toward event costs) and has entertainment for grown-ups and children, with music, games, prizes, and more.
What do we have for your entertainment?
Today we can confirm the following attractions for the event, which takes place in Wray Crescent’s activity space.
- Mrs H and the Singalong Band (they were great as a duo at the Big Buzz event – they’re even better with the full piece band).
- N19 Open Mic artist spotlight – great local acts thanks to our friends at N19 bar.
- Frances and Herbie write a Song for Wray Crescent Park – get involved!
- Fab walkabout entertainers, Andy Hamilton, and Nick Putz.
- Lots of fun and games for kids, including Wray Crescent’s famous kids v. parents tug of war, egg & spoon race, coconut shy, face painting, Punch and Judy – even a bouncy castle!
- Dog agility and canine fancy dress – Can your amazing dog win the first prize rosette it was born for?
- Stalls, including community groups, food, and cakes.
- FUN and FAB prizes in our Fabulous Stroud Green Traders Raffle.
- Update: Totally Flawed will not after all be able to appear this year. We hope to host them in future.
Want to run a stall?
We’re inviting you to run your own bric-a-brac blanket stall!
If you have stuff you want to sell, please show up with those things and a blanket (or table) to sell them from. We’re requesting a £15 donation to run a blanket stall on the day – so if you want to do this, please drop us a line to book a slot (strictly limited).
Want to help write the song?
We’ve got a plan to write the song for Wray Crescent. Please join Francis and Herbie on July 15 at noon to chat about what that song might be like and work together to write a fantastic chorus for our beautiful park. More information on this project here.
Want to help and get involved?
We really need help. We’re looking for people to help publicise the day, people who will put posters up (download a copy to print to pop in your window here), and people to help out on the day.
If you can help by putting leaflets in your shop, street, or workplace, please drop us a line . And please, please share the date on social media. We want everyone to have a lovely day in July at the heart of our community.
What about next year?
This is the first summer festival we have run in Wray Crescent and we’re already thinking about how to make it even better next year. Do you want to help make it happen? Join Friends of Wray and get involved. And please, please think about donating to our work.
We can’t wait to see you on July 29. Come visit the festival and have a little local fun. Be seeing you!