Wray Crescent keeps its Green Flag
We’re really, really pleased to confirm that Wray Crescent once again retained its Green Flag status, one of over a dozen parks in Islington to win this status.
This is the fourth year we’ve helped make this happen.
We kept our Green Flag!
Wray Crescent volunteers worked really, really hard with Islington’s parks department across the last year to keep our Green Flag status. We’ll be working hard across the next year to retain it too.
As everyone knows, our group is funded entirely by donations from the local community and funding pots we apply for, with help from Islington parks.
What we’ve done in the last year
Highlights of our work across the last year include:
- Continued work in the YC vegetable garden,
- Interesting attempts to restore natural vegetation in some parts of the park,
- The launch of regular summer yoga and tai-chi sessions in the park and all-year-round walking football.
- Other things we’ve done for the park community include the installation of the children’s library,
- The amazing history walk.
- The ongoing big garden planting project in the border bed.
- Both the Big Buzz festival and the hopefully forthcoming Wray Crescent festival.
Please help us
We really need your support to keep going with all of this.
We need cash to help maintain the work we’ve already done, and we desperately need volunteers to get involved in all of these projects – particularly the festival, for which we are currently short-staffed.
Please make contact if you can help, as if we can’t get the help the event will not happen.
We are thrilled to have maintained the park’s Green Flag status and hope everybody continues to enjoy our beautiful park.